"How old were the actors” was created for fun by movie nerds - for movie nerds. Sometimes when watching classic films,
we wondered how old the actors were back then. Finding the movie and the actor on IMDb, checking when the person was born and when the
movie was released and then manually calculating the age is bothersome. We decided to make a website that does the work for you.
The page will show how old the actors were, how old they are (or would be) now and whether or not they're still alive,
along with basic information about the movie.
Here are a few interesting tidbits:
- Sean Connery is only 12 years older than Harrison Ford, yet he played his dad in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- As of April 2013, only one actor from Gone With the Wind (1939) is still alive: the 98 year old Alicia Rhett.
- The entire cast of The Great Dictator (1940) has died, and Charlie Chaplin would've been 124 years old if he had not passed in 1977.
- Anne Bancroft plays a seductive older woman in The Graduate (1967), yet she's basically the same age as Dustin Hoffman who portrays the protagonist.
- Sam Raimi was just 22 years old when he made the cult classic The Evil Dead in 1981.
- Sally Field portrays Tom Hank's character's mom in Forrest Gump, even though she's only 10 years older than him in real life.
- Tom Cruise was 21 years old when filming Risky Business (1983), wearing the iconic Ray Ban sunglasses.
- Alan Ruck was actually 30 years old when playing a high school student in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
We hope you enjoy the site and if you do, please spread the word!